Easily accessible, effective, efficient, and can be done almost anywhere! Jumping rope has so many benefits that it should be added to your workout routine.
Here are some tips to get the most out of jumping rope.
- Make sure your rope is the right size for you. You want the handles and rope folded in half to reach near your shoulder. This length will give you the right amount of space to hop over your rope with minimal tripping.
- Jump with the balls of your feet and keep it light. You don't want to be jumping with your heels or flat-footed.
- Use your hands and wrist to swing the rope over. Avoid using your arms as this can lead to shoulder pain and other injuries.
- Go at your own pace. Start slow. Figure out how many jumps you can do within 30 seconds and keep consistent every day to beat it your initial amount.
- If you're having difficultly jumping with the rope. Jump without the rope and do the swinging motions with your wrist to get your body into the rhythm of jumping rope.
- To make it more challenging, get a heavier rope or try different tricks like double unders.
- For recovery health, stretch and do mobility exercises before and after jumping rope.